Tuesday, May 25, 2021

Legend of Queen Opala: Origin - Week 21 / 2021

Support production of the LoQO games at - Patreon

Purchase LoQO figurines - WebShop
And/Or follow me on - Twitter

Time for another one of these!

I would assume the most important announcement people are hoping to hear about today would be whenever the new beta is going to be out, and with that, I'll be aiming for this Saturday!
The one thing I'm not sure I'll be able to make in time is implementing one of the three new Scholar Quiz rewards, the specifics of this one hasn't been announced before, so the impact of that should be minor as I realized when I began working on it that it'll likely take longer to finish than I thought.

But the Art Gallery is optimized to run faster, the Encyclopedia no longer list useless 0/0 stuff, Windy Canyon and Fellhorn Ruins are slightly expanded, you got the Gabrielle reward scene to look forward to and there is a third Bad End to trigger.
Oh, and I've also added a few trading cards so more animations are available for unlocking by completing each character's individual set.

That'll have to be all for this week, see you again next Tuesday after the release of the latest beta!

19 comments:

  1. Looking forward to the next version then.

    I hope that the Scholar Quiz rewards will be added but if they're not, big whoop. No big loss (my opinion).

    I'm curious, will we be able to continue the main story in the next update, or is it more sidequests/tweaks? (Being able to bang Gabrielle - finally - is fine enough for me, though)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do I find the new beta when it is out?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Gabe,
    There is a problem I want to notify you, it is the costume of Bal'Rana and Gabrielle after their scene. My saves are all past that scene before 3.06 and now I can't unlock them anymore. Could you make it retroactive so that the ones like me can still obtain them without restarting the whole progress?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is already possible, you just need to reach the end of the beta and you will be prompted to replay the part where it's unlocked.

      Delete
    2. Thank you,
      Another matter is did you change the condition for the first Illumi's scene? It seems that I made 2 renegade choices and more than 15 shards but still can't trigger the second scene.

      Delete
    3. If I did change the conditions, it was years ago and nothing recent.

      Delete
  5. And thank you in return for the support!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sooooo not sure when this issue started but I have a bug report, game freezes upon entering sunset cove right after you get the title for being an explorer at which point the only thing I can do is x out the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. this was in a 3.07 version btw.

      Delete
    2. looks like the local tourist triggering was irrelevant, the title was being awarded but regardless, when I enter summer cove, the controls stop working for anything. (moving, bringing up the menu etc.) I can play without it for now but It kinda sucks that just entering one of the "secret areas" breaks the game, overall though, it is amazing as always.

      Delete
    3. Ok, I don't know why exactly but when I came back later there was no issue, maybe a thing based on which chapter you try accessing it in.

      Delete
  7. does anybody have a save from last beta??? i deleted mine... would appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  8. does anybody have a save from last beta??? i deleted mine... would appreciate it

    ReplyDelete