Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Legend of Queen Opala: Origin - Week 35 / 2024

Support production of the LoQO games at - Patreon
And/Or follow me on - Twitter

Perhaps the last week of mainly fishing related content!

And now everything is done about the fishing except difficulty modifier with the different poles.
Not to be confused with the base scaling, because that is still finished with each catch having their own stats that'll let the observant players know what they have hooked based on difficulty alone.
I've also cleared the playtesting phase and begun placing the fishing spots across the world.
Different fishes will require different bait you can acquire, with some also native to specific areas, such as only appearing along the shore, in rivers, lakes etc.

I am thinking about changing some things about the UI to include some additional features, but I'll likely save that for later once the mini-game is 100% completed and available across Grandnasia to be played in the next beta, no matter if I change the UI or not.

I believe that covers everything about this week, so I'll be back in the next one!

4 comments:

  1. Whenever you say "next beta," my brain defaults to "new beta date?" so... good job on that.

    Keep up the good work and I look forward to seeing what kinds of fish you can catch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I know this is random but will you ever consider making a Kythie figure or add more scenes please respond 😔

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Swegabe, good to hear you are in better health these days (previous sleep disorder resolved) Also nice to see you working on completing the Legend of a Journey with Opala and Family!!! I have a suggestion, once you've rested after the completion of this current project. Have you heard of StudioFOW, they are also wrapping up a game Subverse. I feel you two collaborating on a new project featuring Opala and Family in 3D (Unreal Engine) Fantasy through Grandnasia would be next level hot <3 Good Luck Cheers

    ReplyDelete