Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Legend of Queen Opala: Origin - Week 11 / 2022

Support production of the LoQO games at - Patreon

Purchase LoQO figurines - WebShop
And/Or follow me on - Twitter

Praise the dodge-rolling sheep!

The "Feather of Awakening" mechanic is fully done at long last and modified to easily be able to include any upcoming Bad Ends or allow for already existing ones to have slight variations depending on where they are triggered, such as the one previously only available during the sneaking part at the Imperial Manor now being able to be triggered/unlocked by losing against any Beldorian Forces encountered.
I also allowed for the feather to be used when going up against legendary monsters, so the only time it won't work is against story-related bosses.

I've also been thinking about this a lot recently, and I've decided to replace the Boots of Rushing reward in Colussia with something else you'll automatically have if you've already done the quiz.
Instead, being able to toggle sprinting will be a default function you can now do from the beginning, and something you'll be able to do both indoor and outdoor.
This might sound simple, but be aware a lot of indoor cutscenes where made around the premise of the player not being able to sprint when starting them, so additional balancing will be needed.

That'll be it for today, but another Tuesday will be arriving next week as well!

 

26 comments:

  1. i get the notifications of this blog but dont read it too often. have you stopped updating your patreon page unless you release a new beta?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really changed how I handle my Patreon, it's always been updated whenever I have something to share.

      Delete
    2. ok, was just wondering because the last post was the 3.12b beta back in Dec. just before christmas.

      Delete
    3. There will be a new beta out this month, so that'll be an update! :)

      Delete
    4. cool. i was just wondering because every month you usually post an update on the 1st or ms/mrs milkshake does.

      Delete
    5. That was around two years ago.
      She had to quit due to technical circumstances, and even to this day I never found a replacement.

      Delete
    6. Ms. Milkshake quit? That's too bad, I was looking forward to hearing her performance as Mhu'tiki and Sunny Sue-Ellen.

      Delete
    7. Oh, she'll still be voicing those characters!
      We didn't have a disagreement or anything like that.

      Delete
  2. shows you how much i pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And sometimes, ignorance is a bliss. :D

      Delete
    2. or sometimes it can be hell. take biden, ignorance of his stupidity got him "elected", caused the taliban to move back in, in less than 6 months and has started WW3. now i didnt mean to get political here, i have just met biden personally several times as he is from my state and i wouldnt trust him to cross the street on his own let alone run the country.

      Delete
  3. congratulations on constant ingenuity and enthusiasm
    i'm starting to be worried on how are you going to react when this project ends (excess energy and boredom might drive you crazy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm honestly looking forward to finally having this done so I can start on something new after all these years!
      And I already have like three seperate projects in mind, so I'm certainly not running out of ideas. x3

      Delete

    2. your response excites me more than idea of playing full version of baldurs gate 3 but i'm afraid that it might be impossible for me to live long enough to play finished next project (this one already feels like huge portion of current life)

      Delete
    3. Oh, not every game I tend to make will be of such massive scale as LoQO Origin. x3

      Delete
    4. That just makes me curious if there's gonna be a LOQO IV...

      Delete
    5. Technically the next one would probably be called LoQOIII, and yes, one of the three projects I have in mind would be just that and set in the Land of Savages to cover all the continents. :3

      Delete
    6. Makes sense. Now I'm curious if SethxZoe will be doing artwork for that game, too...

      Side-note, do you have any plans to be able to date Laquadia down the line?

      Keep up the good work as always!

      Delete
  4. Hey gabe i was wondering if you plan to fix the quill of choice. So I can finaly view the other artstyles in the hall of memories.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It ended up being more complicated to implement than I suspected, so I've been trying to find a way to work around it while still giving it the same functionality.

      Delete
    2. Thats great, thank you so much. And keep making the great games💪♥️

      Delete
  5. Hey gabe I was wondering if you plan to set in the Land of Savages to cover all the continents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Check my reply from three posts above yours. ;3

      Delete
  6. First of all, thanks for this wonderful game. I really liked its mechanics and its story. Just out of curiosity, I have some questions.

    Will you see pregnancy and childbirth in this version?

    Will you be able to change the costumes of your army?

    And will there be new mechanics with your army?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 1) Probably post-game (if at all; I remember Gabe mentioning this once).

      2) You can change of your party members but if you mean your actual army (the ones who goes out to do battle), no idea.

      3) Good question.

      Delete