Tuesday, February 21, 2023

Legend of Queen Opala: Origin - Week 08 / 2023

Support production of the LoQO games at - Patreon

Purchase LoQO figurines - WebShop
And/Or follow me on - Twitter

Unless I'm forgetting something at the time of this writing, most of this week has been spent on incorporating Laqaudia's CG Scene and the time sensitive Beatrix cutscene into the world.
The Laquadia one was a bit more work than anticipated as the events leading up to it has several conditions changed depending on how much you've done in the game.
Has Stella been recruited? Is she currently in an expedition? Did you build the training ground in the courtyard? Has Layla been recruited? All of those things, even if just a replacement of words, are still triggers I needed to take into account.

Anyhoo, I'll likely spend a little more time on playtesting and tweaking them in the upcoming days, but the sequences themselves were already finished since before so they'll be in the beta at the end of this month no matter what.

Wham' slick beak, I'll see you next week!

3 comments:

  1. Is there a progress map to understand if it is possible for you to release the full game by the end of 2023? Only game i truly have been missing and been waiting for a lot. I played the betas but they did not feel the same. I really enjoyed LOQ2 it was my first RPG.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping to find out when the new beta will be dropped until I realised that the 28th was also a Tuesday this month. I am fairly brain fried due to work related issues so I guess I'll find out next week.

    With four different variables... yikes. I'll need a new savefile for most of them. Eh, I'll deal with that later.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 variable scenes for Laquadia sounds absolutely amazing, I've been so happy with the rapid progress being made now and I'm really excited to see what happens in the main story as well. I still wish we knew when we are getting SethXZoe's international versions for some scenes, his art fits this game perfectly.

    ReplyDelete