Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Legend of Queen Opala: Origin - Week 36 / 2026

Support production of the LoQO games at - Patreon
And/Or follow me on - X (aka Twitter)

And the beta was indeed released around the middle of last week!
It had one major bug that made progressing through the story in Caimridge impossible, but I fixed that and re-released the beta, which only had a few graphical glitches.
(Everything reported already corrected on my end for the next release!)

Besides bug fixing, I've also finished updating Grassland Road and the explorable parts of Hollow Gorge before the story takes you there later, along with half of Brightstone.
The next beta might even come out this month too, or in October at latest, since the next story progression block will probably be River Checkpoint, meaning it'll cover and let you finish the High Lord Gathering arc.

But that'll be it for today, see you next week!

5 comments:

  1. There is an issue with the gallery: artwork 278 has no thumbnail, and when selected, it appears as artwork 198.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something must be wrong on my end, because immediately I've run into issues with the new portraits. Talking to party members at the castle has their faces behind the text box, and the affection meter stays on screen after talking to them. The MC's portrait will also stay on screen if he was the last one speaking (like when trying to converse with no new topics). Even when the portraits are in the correct position, they feel uncomfortably close up and obscure the surroundings. I do like that Illumi has been updated, though I wish her bed animation was also given to all the other girls. It's a bummer that they've only had the standing sprite for the longest time, and if I had to pick one, I would've picked the missionary/mating press position since it's like the quintessential "default" position.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both my Patreon and the Patch Notes states this version of the game will not be compatible with old saves until I've finished updating the whole game. (Its covering up to Nillia Woods so far)
      You can still use an old save to make use of the "Orb of Restoration" and restart the story with all other progress saved.
      And I do intend to add that bed mechanic to more characters!

      Delete
    2. Speaking of Illumi, how can I unlock her as a concubine? I tried everything and nothing worked.

      Delete