Tuesday, March 21, 2023

Legend of Queen Opala: Origin - Week 12 / 2023

Support production of the LoQO games at - Patreon

Purchase LoQO figurines - WebShop
And/Or follow me on - Twitter

The process of going through every interior has been proceeding!
One of the things that has always been bothering me is the very limited amount of decorative paintings that was available before, I think it was basically three different ones across all maps.
But that has changed during my asset creation phase as I've instead replaced those with 50+ unique ones that shows various locations from within the game world, rather than just being something generic like a flower or a face.

Re-visiting these interiors has also allowed me to catch a few overlooked issues, such as Beatrix's emoticon never changing during the last cutscene with her aboard the Magna Gerulus.
Although, that wasn't an issue if you had her wearing the costume with the mask covering her face, or if you rejected Lynevere's offer which made the cutscene technically missable.
Instructor Stella, Gin and the Skyhorn Maidens has also been updated with their finalized sprites!

To conclude this week, here is another little trivia for you!
- Did you know it's possible to be present during the sequence in Brightstone when Beatrix arrest Mayor Willheed to see for yourself how it plays out?

And with that, I'll see you again next Tuesday!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Gabe! I had a question i've been dying to ask now, I just finished binging Avatar the Last Airbender for the first time a couple days ago and I was wondering if Osira or Laquadia's peronalities were based off of Azula? Azula especially reminded me of me of Laquadia which made me like her more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually never seen Avatar the Last Airbender, or Korra, but I think I know the character you're referring to, even if only by a design viewpoint. x3

      Delete
  2. I remember seeing the scene where Beatrix arrests Willheed a few times but I never figured out the exact timing for it and eventually forgot about it.

    One bug that's been... well, bugging me for a long time, is when you have Devon, Farah, Gabrille and Kythe. I think it's when you enter Brightstone the first time - been a while. It's the convo where you speak to Farah about interspecies.

    If you tell her that it's not your thing, Devon's face stops appearing for the remainder of the scene though it correctly shows up again in future scenes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pointing it out! I found the issue and fixed it. :)

      Delete
  3. basic decorations
    paintings
    trophies
    flowers

    advanced decorations
    models
    technological parts
    empty alcohol bottles
    trading cards
    images of those very special moments
    random trash related to everything from simple walk to the most unbelievable experiences

    best decorations
    loyal pet sleeping in your bed

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete