Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Legend of Queen Opala: Origin - Week 41 / 2023

Support production of the LoQO games at - Patreon

Purchase LoQO figurines - WebShop
And/Or follow me on - Twitter

And we're well into Spooctober!

There are a few things I've been doing this week, for sure.
One was working on a mechanic for the "Touch of Dominance" skill to be used outside of battle, and while I originally wanted it to be a bit more involved like safe cracking with some player input, the system I had in mind just didn't work out and I pulled the plug on the attempt before I had wasted too much time...but that's just game development for you, not every idea pays off!
The feature itself will still be in the game, just not with a mini-game associated to it.

It only took 8 years or something, but blacksmiths now finally has an accessory tab so you can make use of all those crystals, etc. to craft gear protecting against negative states and such too.
And finally, I may be working on a little treat related to bringing a certain character with you into battle, although she is useless in a fight, the option will simply there for the power fantasy faction and having some additional eye candy to keep you company.

Tuesday round-up donzo, so I'll be back again next week as always!

5 comments:

  1. So we can add Laquadia to the party? Sweet.

    Too bad about the mini game not working but oh well. At least you didn't subscribe to the sunk cost fallacy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone, I need help, in the mission, "catch them all" how do I use the "touch of domination"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but English is not my native language so I may have missed something during the translation

      Delete
    2. Nothing silly about it.

      Once you obtain it from the Grandmaster (I believe his name was Pai'zuri? - he has IIRC 3 total quests and Touch of Dominance is from the third).

      Once you have it, you'll be able to find monster girls (such as the harpies) being alone in battle (they're alone from the start - killing the others and attempting to use it does not work). Once you find the solo one, use ToD and it'll enter a Distressed state, similar to your female party members. Use the ticket on them at that point.

      Hope that helps!

      Delete