Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Legend of Queen Opala: Origin - Week 38 / 2021

Support production of the LoQO games at - Patreon

Purchase LoQO figurines - WebShop
And/Or follow me on - Twitter

I have good news and some more good news, but I'll start with the good news!

I believe the expedition mechanic has reached a point where I finally got everything figured out.
And while it doesn't look or seem that impressive at first glance, I'm pretty sure it's the most complex mechanic I've done so far with all the different calculations running in the background.
One of the things that was holding it back was deciding how to deal with the different scouting spots you can send your troops to gather material from, something I wasn't sure how to balance or restrict until I found the best solution was to make it an infinite resource where each location has its own set of various material that is randomly rolled each time.
This way I can also re-shuffle the loot pool later or add in new rewards without having to take into consideration if the place has already been explored before or not.

I also solved how to let the players manually check exactly how many minutes are left before an expedition is over to let you send out the troops out again, along with claiming any reward.
So it looks like the next beta will be out this upcoming weekend, y'all!

Thus, I'm out for today and back again next week!

9 comments:

  1. Damn Swegabe you're adding so many mechanics to this game you'd think it's an auto shop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I do this shit for fun i have a life"


      https://external-preview.redd.it/WW2e3J-dW87-or5BbqFNdafTs4W-neK_qILujq7fUkw.jpg?auto=webp&s=581887667faec2606c01d2b36ed3d00b84651eb9

      Delete
  2. Darn right about auto shop reconstruction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn I miss seeing your blog its been a while I finally read up all the updates

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gabe would you be kind to ban yigg from your blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tried the new version and for some reason, Devon keeps saying "They'll be done in 20 minutes," despite it being way more than 20 minutes since I sent them out.

    I tried traveling to various places, fighting and shopping. None of the stuff works. I'm guessing it's a bug then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. either finish 20 games of strippin or die or spend 20 minutes replaying cg to progress timer

      Delete